Tickets are not available as this event has passed.
At Sam Sykes Ltd, working with Blackpool Zoo, we have devised a specialist and exciting residential opportunity to help young people both achieve the coveted Gold award, whilst at the same time, developing key core skills to be transferred directly into the world of work, further education, life as a young adult and beyond.
- This 5-day residential gold activity combines theory with practical, hands-on experience section at the zoo, focusing on key transferable skills to take away.
- Challenge opportunities include teamwork, small group work, presentations, leadership, problem solving and, of course, the chance to get up close and personal with a wide range of creatures.
- Food and accommodation is provided at a nearby scout hut where participants can enjoy quality food and home-made puddings!
- Accommodation and food
- Transport to and from Blackpool train station at both ends of the residential, if required
- All transfers to and from the zoo
- Five days at the zoo completing a range of practical and theory-based tasks
- The chance to feed, handle and experience a wide range of animals
- A portfolio of evidence and written reference from the zoo to take away
GOLD DofE RESIDENTIAL INFO >