Just like our UK-based DofE expeditions, the idea behind the Duke of Edinburgh’s award – The International Award is that not all learning happens in the classroom.
- Young people need other, non-formal experiences to become committed, responsible and fulfilled citizens of the world.
- The International Award is available to all 14–24 year olds and is the world’s leading youth achievement award.
- It equips all young people for life regardless of their background, culture, physical ability, skills and interests.
- Doing the Award is a personal challenge that pushes young people to their personal limits while consistently recognising their achievements.
- Since its launch 60 years ago, the Award has inspired millions of young people to transform their lives, and plays a key role in a young person’s personal development.